It’s the best time of the year and I’m so thrilled to be a part of a Christmas tag! It’s a first for me and I couldn’t have asked for a better person to tag me! Thank you BeautyOfCafe for this! I absolutely love her Blogmas posts so if you haven’t checked out her blog, you’re missing out on a lot. You can also check out her Christmas Tag here!
The Christmas Tag Rules
- Put on your favourite Christmas Playlist to listen to while answering!
- Have a Christmas drink and/or snack while writing
- Thank the blogger who tagged you and link to their site
- Answer the original questions
- Answer the questions set by whoever tagged you
- Ask 2 questions of your own
- Tag 6 bloggers to take part
- When do your decorations go up?
I usually have all my Christmas decor including the tree up in the first week of December. From there on I keep adding new decorations till Christmas eve, by when the tree is all decked up with ornaments!
- If money were no object, how and where would you spend Christmas?
Being a person who celebrated Christmas purely out of passion and not culture, I would love to travel around the world to see how Christmas is spent in different parts, especially with families who have Christmas traditions passed down over generations.
- What Christmas film do you have to watch every festive season?
I love watching hallmark Christmas movies, all of them have such a feel good vibe about them and instantly transport me into a Christmas wonderland. Although this year, I watched “The Christmas Chronicles” and that too is a lovely movie to envision Christmas fantasies through the eyes of a child.
- Who do you find the hardest to buy presents for?
I would say my parents. Staying away from them for most part of the year it is hard to figure out something that they’d actually find useful, so I usually end up giving them something handmade, so the gift at least has sentimental value if not practical 😛
- Would you rather buy lots of little presents for a hamper, or buy one big/main present?
I’d prefer buying a hamper for sure! I love curating gifts and racking my brain to put together a hamper that unfolds step by step, containing a few gifts bought off shops while some, made by hand.
- What did you leave out for Santa when you were a child?
I never really left anything out for him as my Santa (my dad) knew the way to the refrigerator to treat himself anyway!
- Where did you spend last Christmas?
I spent it in Gurgaon, India with my family. I love spending Christmas with them and always try to make it back home in December.
- Which Christmas song makes you cringe?
These have to be heavy metal remakes of Christmas carols. Why, why would you ruin them for everyone! *sighs*
- If you could be a character in a holiday movie, who would you be and why?
I recently saw “The Christmas Chronicles” and so I’d love to be the little girl Kate, as she sees all her Christmas fantasies come to life in her rollercoaster adventure as she helps Santa save Christmas!
- Have you ever had a White Christmas?
No but I’d love to! Hopefully some day in the future soon.
Questions by Beauty Of Cafe
- Do you celebrate Christmas Eve (24th) or Christmas Day (25th)?
I love to celebrate Christmas Eve as that is the day we finish off decorations in the house, bake a cake, light candles with carols in the background. We also end up opening most presents at midnight!
- Favorite Dish/ Dessert or Drink Of The Evening?
Has to be a piece of heated chocolate sponge cake. It’s been like a family thing for the past many years and one of the many highlights of Christmas eve!
- What is one Christmas tradition you haven’t tried yet but would love to?
I discovered the concept of advent calendars only this year, so I’d like to try that and also, I’ve never tasted gingerbread or made gingerbread cookies or houses so I’d love to try that out too!
- Are you more of a shopper or more of a DIY person when it comes to gifts or decor for Christmas?
I’d say I’m an amalgamation of both. I love DIYing gifts or decorations, but I also like buying one new ornament for the tree each year!
It’s your turn now!
I would like to tag some of my favourites here! Looking forward to your responses, and learning more about your Christmas traditions, so do tag me!